Privacy and Video Surveillance Policy
- MyPath™ collects information in several ways. Some personal information is gathered if you contact us. When you initiate contact with us we will ask for personal information such as your name, email address, gender, residential address, permanent address, cell phone number, occupation, industry and personal interests.
- MyPath™ may ask you for personal information outside of the context of your initial contact with us including, but not limited to:
- When you express interest in or seek to enrol in our webinars;
- When you retain our fee-based services or subscribe to our website (“Website”);
- When you report a problem relating to the services we have provided.
When students, prospective students, institutions, organizations, prospective clients or existing clients (“Clients”) provide us with information such as their name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address, we use this contact information to send these Clients additional information about MyPath™. A Client’s information, such as an “Application” form, may also be used as a source of lead generation for which MyPath™ may receive remuneration for its attempts to ethically match institutions and students. A Client’s contact information may also be used by us to contact him or her directly. Clients may choose not to receive future mailings or other communications from MyPath™ at any time by notifying the Chief Privacy Officer at the address below. Wherever possible and in accordance with existing laws, we will seek to incorporate an “unsubscribe” button into our features.
MyPath™ will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties without your express consent. However, MyPath™ will efficiently sub-contract fee-based work with your express consent.
The MyPath™ website provides an abundance of information on MyPath™, and its mission. While MyPath™ attempts to provide accurate information to its site users, it provides no guarantees regarding the accuracy or reliability of this content. The MyPath™ website and/or any content on the internet relating to MyPath™, does not constitute a contract or promise from MyPath™ to its site users, be they Clients, or otherwise.
- The MyPath™ website has security measures and safeguards in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that is under our control at any given time. However, since no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or in relation to our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make every attempt to ensure that it is kept secure with us. You must still be solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information.
- MyPath™ may use “cookies” or similar tracking systems to store and sometimes track information about you. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from our web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. MyPath™ may do this in order to further automate our website or online forms, or to help us understand who may be interested in our services or programs we may run from time to time. By modifying your own browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies.
- Subject to any legislated exemptions which would permit us to disclose your personal information as is necessary, we will not disclose any of your personal information except when we have your informed consent. “Personal Information” is defined broadly by governing legislation as any information about an identifiable individual except the name, title, and business address or office telephone number of an employee of an organization.
- Pursuant to allowable exemptions under current legislation, we may disclose personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating MyPath™ policy, violating any law, or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) MyPath™ rights or property, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose your personal information to a collection agency for the purposes of the lawful collection of a debt owed to us by you.
- Our policy with respect to the use, collection, retention, and disclosure of all records is governed by applicable privacy legislation in Ontario, Canada.